Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 31

Sorry for the late post. It has been a somewhat busy week. Dustin switched to days for a while so things have been a little crazy getting used to that. Jack Henry's due date is fast approaching and I feel like I am so far behind. My house is driving me nuts and his room..well you know how that is going. As far as how I feel...I can tell you that I have felt better. I have been sick to my stomach a lot and I seem to be getting dizzy and have frequent headaches. I hear that you start feeling like you did in the beginning and that has proved true for me. I have my days but luckily I normally don't feel terrible all of the time.

Yesterday and Thursday I was able to get out and go to a few fabric stores. Amber went with me to a few and we found some really cute fabric for burps and bibs for JH. I went to Amber's yesterday and placed my 1st of many orders for JH! I can't wait to see everything. I will be sure to post what all she does for him! Mainly I ordered burps but I did get a few bibs, onesies, and towels. She is even going to do a few pee pee tee pee's and an appliqued boppy cover for me.

Dustin and I went and picked up Jack Henry's furniture last night. This morning at 5 we were able to slide his drawers in his room so I have been filling that up today. As for the crib, we might put that together tonight after dinner. I guess it just depends on how we feel. We were told by the store and by friends that have the same crib that it is really easy to put together..we will have to see. I am sure there is bound to be a few choice words yelled as well as the instructions being slammed down and thrown a few times. I have come to the conclusion that that is just how Dustin works. HA! Pray for minimal outbursts.

For those of you who love to know about our weather here..it is still cold as all get out! I am sure it will be like that until at least May. I think we have broken a few records in the last few days. It has remained in the negatives and the windchill is even colder. I am not sure when it will actually snow again but we always have snow on the ground..again, the white stuff normally sticks around until April or May. I just pray we are not threatened by another flood but they are already starting to talk about it.

Oh my goodness! I almost forgot! Thursday..well, for all of my Bama readers you know what Thursday was but for all you others that was the day of the BIG game! Thankfully the outcome was wonderful and Alabama is now the national champions..I am even more thankful to have a happy husband. Dustin turns into a crazy person on game day and especially during the game. Let's just say that Dustin and I have both agreed that he is not allowed to hold JH during games..he might be turned into a football. Yep, you guessed it, game day is a lot like putting together furniture or handy stuff in the house..it is not pretty in the Harris household. Dustin had been anxiously awaiting the game for weeks so I wanted to make sure all he had to do was to relax and watch the game. I told him I would cook anything he wanted and pick up anything he needed since he was on days and would be getting home just in time for the game. His request was sloppy joes and rotel dip and then I picked up a few other favorites of his as well. He did request a few choice drinks too. I have to say that it was quite funny(and SUPER CLASSY) going into the beer stores being almost 8 months pregnant. To top it all off, I had to go to a few to find the brand he wanted. Had I been back home I don't think I would have gotten so many looks. LOL Oh yes, and for those that were wondering I was sporting an AL shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment