Thursday, January 14, 2010

Random updates

Just thought I would update with a few random things..
Crib-JH's crib construction was put on hold because they forgot to include the hardware. We are still waiting on the hardware to be delivered so hopefully we can put it together soon.

Bedding-I have ordered some bedding. We will see what it is like when it gets here on Mon. I pray I love it. As you have read many times his room has been really hard for me. I ordered a cute yet simple set with lots of color. I guess we will be repainting the room and then I can pull in more color in decorations. I am still so up in the air but I knew I had to do something..and quick! I will continue to keep y'all posted! I hope it all comes together fast and easy.

JH- His room is pretty much cleaned out as well as his closet. I have everything hanging and in drawers. I have washed all of his newborn/0-3 clothes and his blankets. I started a drawer of things to pack for he and I. No, ours bags have yet to be packed but at least I am making a little effort now. Lesa says I am in denial and that I am not acting like "me". She says I am scaring her. I admit that I am oddly calm right now. We will see if it lasts. I don't have a ton of things left to get for him. I will do a baby run soon and finish up everything he needs. We have been so very blessed and received so many cute and useful things. We only have a few must have items left to get so that is wonderful.

Shower 4- It's shower time again! This weekend is my 4th and final shower. I am really looking forward to visiting with everyone. From what I hear there will be maybe 10-12 people. Perfect number in my book! Most of the guests will be from Junior League but there are a few others that will be there. Megan, Carrie and Krysta are hosting. I know that it will be great with lots of food and fun! Of course I will post pics afterward.

Shower 3- Pics are done! Claire emailed me the photo sheets and has put the CD in the mail so as soon as it arrives I will post. The pics are really good. I look HUGE in them but she did a great job and everything looked beautiful! I can't wait to post them.

Dustin is back to work tonight. He is glad he is working night again. He is so much happier. We had a nice 2 days off. We did a few things around that house...not as much as we wanted but we did get a few things done.

I will close with our weather. It's funny when Dustin yells how hot it is but it has really been warm for us this time of year. Today was 28-30 and truly that is a winter heat wave when you have been used to -30. No jacket required for these temps this week. You truly burn up if you have a lot on. It is amazing how your body adjusts to the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment