Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!! We heard lots of howling wind throughout the night and woke up to tons of snow. It is blizzard-ish conditions out right now. Lots of 4-5ft snow drifts and visibility comes and goes. It is a beautiful white Christmas!

We got up this morning and I put in the breakfast casserole that I made last night. We opened gifts that my family sent and talked to everyone back home. Dustin is a little mad at me since I asked that we not do Christmas but I still got him stuff. I just didn't want him to go out and waste money when I truly did not want or need anything!! I'm sure he will get over it. Jack Henry got him some Daddy books for Dustin to read to him and the brown babies got him a gift card for coffee..since he goes there almost everyday.

Again, Merry Christmas to all and I hope your day is full of family and great memories as well as lots of fun new stuff from Santa!
I will leave you with pics of what I got Dustin..
A few years ago I got him a shadow box of his Grandfather along with things that were his. He really seemed to love it so this year while I was home I asked his Aunts if they could get me some pictures of him and a few things of his Grandmothers. I was very overwhelmed and surprised at what all they parted with for me to make these boxes for him. EDIT..I had these made. No way I could have done such a great job. They are much prettier in person too!

This is Dustin when he was not even a year old. His Grandmother is holding him and these are the moccasins he has on in the picture.


This one is another one of him and his Grandmother. He was barely a month old and if you look you can see their reflection in the mirror behind them. I just love the way this one turned out with her handkerchief and dainty little watch. The picture is my favorite because it is so faded and old looking.


This is just a collage of Dustin throughout the years. He was so surprised and said that some of the pictures he had never even seen before.

No comments:

Post a Comment