Wednesday, December 23, 2009

29 weeks

This week is 29 weeks. WOW! As each week passes I still can't believe it. This week he is still moving a good bit but I am sure in the next few weeks he will start to slow down because it will get pretty cramped in there. When I went last week the Tech said he still had lots of room and I was still not feeling his every movement. It has happened before but more so all the time this week my Jack Henry has decided he loves to stomp on my bladder..ALL the time. At least once a day he hits it so hard that it makes me yell out in pain. Maybe he will be the kicker for Al in his college years..at least he is getting lots of practice in early.

Dustin is off for vacation starting today. This afternoon he is going to pick up his new Ford truck. His has seen better days and he has been talking about a new one for years now and putting it off. We are going to try and sell his soon but I am glad he is getting one that he can enjoy..its been 10 years and he works so hard and he deserves it! I am proud for him!!

We plan on doing any last minute food shopping and such today because per the weather man we are going to get a really bad winter storm starting tonight. Luckily, we had no travel plans for Christmas so it would be okay for us to be snowed in for a few days. We are really looking forward to a low key Christmas with each other and our chocolate babies. This year..my idea (I NEVER thought I would ever be one of "those" couples) I asked Dustin if we could just not do Christmas with each other. What he wanted I dispersed to family members that wanted a list so I know what little he did want is covered. My Dad and Susie mailed our gifts from them so we do have some things under the tree. I just didn't want to go to all the hassle of getting each other things that we did not need or really want just for the sake of getting something. If we want something we normally just go out and get it. Since I am pregnant it limits me..no clothes etc. so really and truly there is absolutely nothing that I need or want. Just having him home and cooking is fine for me. Speaking of food..I did a lot of cooking last night. I have 2 homemade chicken and cornbread dressing pans in the freezer and one in the fridge along with a holiday poke cake. You know, one layer is red and one is green and frosted with cool whip and flavored with jello..YUM! It makes me think of Christmas bc my Mother almost always made one and it is so good and served cold.

Our Christmas Eve plans are up in the air for now due to weather. We were planning on going to our service at church but we will have to wait and see. I do plan on making some sausage balls that night along with breaking out the sparkling grape juice that we always have on holidays, It has been tempting us in the fridge for weeks now. Lesa and family sent us a ham(should come today) so we will be warming that up along with a Turkey on the egg that Dustin is excited to cook. We still can't decide what else if anything to cook to go along with everything so for now it looks like meat and dressing which is fine with me!

I pray that everyone has a happy and safe Christmas and gets everything they wished for and more!
Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment