Friday, December 4, 2009

Week 26..In Bama!

Sorry for the lack of posts. None of my family has wireless so I have been unable to get on my computer and I have had trouble logging into this from theirs, I am at a hotel now so I will quickly catch y'all up on my week.

Before I start on my Bama updates let me update you on us...just in the last few days he has become quite the little wiggle worm. He has started to kick organs and boy let me tell you how fun and how great that feels! It has been so wild at times that I actually double over and let out a few grunts in pain. HA! It's just good to know he is in there but I guess I need to have a talk with him that he needs to calm down in there. We still have a ways to go so he needs to take it easy on me..yeah right;)

I got here last Friday. I flew into ATL and we went to eat with and visit my Grandmother. We also did some clothes shopping for Jack Henry. It was fun to shop with my Mother and Grandmother. He got a lot of really cute things! He also got some really cute smocked stuff for when he is a little older. I am sure the people in Fargo will wonder what I was thinking when they see his "southern" clothes!

The weekend was fun. I did a lot of catching up and quick visits with family and friends..and a lot of eating too. I am happily well on my way to crossing off many of the places that were on my list to eat at while on my visit. A fun highlight on Sat. was a quick visit with Mother and Wayne's friend Ray. He is such a sweet guy. He gave me a sweet card and generous gift for Jack Henry. It just amazes me at the support we have and how sweet people are being to or little one on the way! I know that we have lots and lots we need to get for him so anything is so much appreciated!
This week I have had many family dinners with Dustin's family and mine. I have really enjoyed home cooking too. YUM! I have also gone on a few shopping trips with his Aunt Debra as well as we saw The Blind Side. We both really enjoyed the movie. It is definitely a must see!

Yesterday Mother and Wayne took me to the airport in Bham to get Lesa. Once she was settled and we had rented our car we all went shopping in downtown Homewood before they closed and then headed to the Summit. We did a little shopping and then had a wonderful mean at Flemmings. I don't think I have had a steak since I have been pregnant and it was all so good! Mother and Wayne headed back once the mall closed but Lesa and I stayed in Homewood and plan on doing a little more shopping..and eating before we head to Anniston.

Tomorrow kicks off my weekend of Al. showers. I am having one in the morning at my Dad's and then on Sun. I am having one as well downtown at Classic. KC will come in on Sun. morning! (she is going to the SEC game tomorrow!..lucky girl) KC and Lesa are hosting the one on Sun. for me. I am looking forward to both showers. It will be so great to catch up and visit with everyone. It has been so long since I have seen everyone.

I will update and try to post pics after the showers tomorrow and Sun. I do have one quick request though.. Please pray that Dustin has safe travels home. I worry about him all the time but it's especially worrisome whenever he travels to or from over there so please be sure to keep him in your prayers. He is supposed to be home next week! We can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. You should have called me. I live in Homewood!
    See you Sunday.
    LIZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! I don't know why I thought you lived somewhere else in Bham. We didn't really plan on staying but it was nice but rushed! We could have met for lunch. Next time we will meet up! I am so excited to see you on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete