Sunday, December 20, 2009

Shopping crazy!

On Friday Dustin and I made a trip to Minneapolis to get away and do a little shopping for Jack Henry. We were armed with a list of great baby boutiques with the plan that we would go and "test dive" a few strollers and get a first hand look at things that I have had my eye on online but have not seen in person. I told Dustin MANY times..we are NOT buying a stroller. We are just going to look. Well, I am here to say that a stroller was purchased for Jack Henry this weekend. When we got to the store they had really great stroller and all sorts of other things but we test drove some since that was top on our list. They showed us many we requested and of course a few we had never even heard of. It is so funny to think of but there really is a HUGE difference in strollers. We sort of "fell" for one but decided to go eat since it was getting late and check out the same store but the at the larger location the next day. We went home that night and Dustin researched everything so we were armed with more knowledge on Sat. We ended up falling in love with the Teutonia stroller(pics to come soon). It is made in Germany and like Vince, the Sham Wow guys says "You know the Germans make great stuff". Well, I am here to tell you that for us that proved true. Dustin was more in love with it then I was. He was sold! He was like a kid in a candy store and whether he will admit it or not really enjoyed our baby shopping trip. I actually had to somewhat hold him back b/c he wanted to get everything. I have to say though that I am most excited about the stroller because it even comes with hand-muffs for us that snap on the handle. They truly thought of and included everything for cold weather. It even comes with the bundlers for the infants and then a larger one for when he gets older. We also went with the bassinet for it so he we can wheel him around wherever we are. That will take place of us getting a cradle or another bassinet. My friends with babies have told me that it is handy to have the baby portable and able to wheel around and hopefully this will hold true for us too.

We also decided on JH's high chair. We have decided to go with the Stokke Tripp Trap since he will have it forever and it looks like furniture and will blend in with our furniture. We even got the after market tray for it since it does not come with one. The Stokke is designed to be table height so baby learns table manners early and so on. I know we may be jumping the gun on things that he won't need until months after he arrives but from the highchair down to jumping toys..Dustin is determined to have everything ready to go so I will not have to worry with anything since he will be leaving so soon after JH gets here. I am very thankful that he is thinking ahead because I know I will have my hands full with a baby all by myself.

We have still not had any luck with bedding for his nursery but at least we are well on our way with the other things. I am discouraged but I am not giving up! Heck, he may be sleeping on a sheet when he gets here if I don;t figure something out but I am sure he will not care. The nursery is more for Mom and Dad and anyways. As long as he has what he needs and is healthy that is all I really care about. I trust that the other things will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment