Saturday, April 25, 2009

Just what I needed!

Well, the ipod I got in my last post was just what I wanted..as it turns out..it is just what I needed. Now by far I am not a runner! Far from it! But last summer I tried to make a habit of taking regular walk/runs(mainly walks). Since I started in with a trainer(just to get in shape) 3 weeks ago I have tried to walk/run more as well. I go to a fun cardio kick boxing class 2 days a week and train 2 days a week. In training I do pilates and weights. I can tell my arms are really getting definition..as for other areas not so much. I am confident it will come with time if I stick with it..which I intend to do. I am also trying to eat well. So back to my my ipod..It turned out to be a beautiful day so I was excited to try out my new ipod. I got dressed and grabbed a dog, put on my ipod armband and off we went. I took off (a little motivated by the music) and ran farther with out stopping than I ever have. I ran 75% of the time which is HUGE for me. I have to say that I loved having music. It really made it easier. I hope I can build up as I go but today I think we were gone for a total of 30-40 minutes. I hate to toot my own horn but..*toot* *toot*
**I realize that many of you are laughing at my minimal exercise but this is the non athlete we are talking about here. While I realize I am NOT going to be a marathon runner I am enjoying doing things MY way and at my own pace.

Like I said earlier we had beautiful weather today. Actually, this week has been beautiful with the exception of Friday. It was so wet, nasty and cold!! I hope we have warm days next week as well.

Dustin and I are still anxiously awaiting his return but in true job related fashion he may be delayed. So once again we are in limbo. Hopefully if he is delayed at all it would only be by a week or 2 weeks at the most. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel..we just don't know when we will reach it.

On a fun note I must share my Friday night outing with y'all. I was invited to a friends Birthday party dinner. It was at a new restaurant that is sorta like an old supper club complete with piano entertainment. It was such a great atmosphere! It was decorated stylishly...very chic. I felt like I walked into somewhere in a big city..not Fargo. A great time was had by all. Lots of friends, great food and fun conversations. Miss Krysta, the birthday girl, had a wonderful time and is now enjoying her gift we all went in on..a weekend in Minneapolis. She is well on her way to a wonderful 27th year..I'm just not sure how many time she has or will celebrate her 27th year. LOL

A few more birthday shout outs! The 21st was my beautiful goddaughter's birthday. Miss Madelyn turned the big 4!! She is growing up so much! She is NOT a baby anymore. She is such a sweet little girl. I wish I could see her more than what I do. She is having her party on Sunday. She insisted on a Mickey Mouse dance party..so what the princess wants..the princess gets.
My beautiful and sweet Hattie had a birthday on Friday. I remember awaiting her arrival 7 years ago. I was so lucky to get to stay with her and keep her the 1st year of her life. She is such a beautiful young lady and she has a very special place in my heart. She had her barn party today. I am sure she had a fun and present filled day!
All of my sweet girls are growing up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment