Thursday, April 16, 2009

There's a 1st time for everything

Here goes nothing... I decided to start a blog since it is often difficult to keep up with family and friends from afar. I have been reading friends blogs and I finally bit the bullet and decided to have a go at one. I can't promise that it will be very good but at least you can keep up with "Harris Happenings".

Life in Fargo is getting a little warmer and dryer. We have had a beautiful week with temps in the 50's and 60's. I hope Spring is here to stay but it is Fargo so there is still a chance of snow. I am thankful to report that it looks like our area will be safe from this next crest since the reports say it will crest pretty low. Once all these crests are over our city will have lots to clean up. There are millions of sandbags and dirt walls up everywhere. It really has been a wake up call seeing what all is done to prepare for a flood. I am so thankful to live in such a great community that is so willing to help their neighbors.

Well, with warmer temps you all know what that means..yep! you guessed it! Dustin is coming home!!!!! and we are all ready to get back to life living under one roof..and in the same country. Dustin always jokes that he tries to deploy in time to miss Fargo winters and Desert summers. For the last few deployments his plan has been successful. We hope that he will be home in the next 3-4 weeks but who knows. I will be so glad to see him after 5 long months.


Thanks for reading this inaugural post! I plan on updating often.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. Anna, the blogger. Just be careful because you can't be a member of AA (Applique Anonymous), and a member of BA (blogger's anonymous).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad to hear Dustin is soon going to be home. Good for you for blogging, Anna. I started one and didn't stick with it. People are just going to have to go to facebook if they need pictures. :) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete