Monday, February 15, 2010

Southern Nursery Art!!

JH is still cookin'. This week is week 37. Per the books he is fully baked and can safely come at anytime. We will see when he decides he is ready to come out and see the snow. I have told him him that it is much, much warmer where he is than it is where I am but we are ready to love him and keep him warm whenever he is ready.
Today I got a call from Carol, the artist that is doing my nursery art. If you follow my blog then you probably remember me mentioning that I was super excited about the art I ordered. Well it is southern to say the least. I wanted to do something southern for his room since we are so far from home and he must know about his roots. I was inspired by a pillow of Alabama that was given to us by Wendi(Dut's sister). It is a really fun hand stitched pillow with the state outline and has all sorts of fun things from around the state. I took that and ran with it but told her I wanted everything on there to have a meaning to us. I also mentioned that I wanted maybe a tree or something with roots since we are both from Al. I am in Awe of what she did for us!!
I will explain a few things in the picture..Some are easy to see and some you have to look for-
JSU-my Alma Mater
Alabama football-need I say more?
Aldeer Computer- hunting forum Dustin is on(that is our extended family!)
Deer hunting
Hot and hot-resturaunt in Bham(our 1st date)
Mobile-where I was born
Dauphin Island-I spent every summer there until I was 12
peanuts-we LOVE boiled peanuts
sweet tea-need I say more
Yellow Hammer-state bird..but if you look close you will see the Rammer Jammer..
Midwest born, Southern Bred..well you know who that is for
look close and you will see sweet home..sweet home faintly in the back ground going all the way down

All of the lines through the state are the actual roads..she did such a great job! We are so excited to get it up!


Close ups..



She does custom pieces and is doing a few other things for us for over his bad. Hopefully she will have it done by this weekend. If you are interested in anything please let me know..Paper Treats now carries her art! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment