Monday, September 21, 2009

16 wks

I went to the DR. this morning for my 16wk checkup. She said everything was fine. We heard the heartbeat and it was a quick appt. She always laughs at me and how I am taking this pregnancy. She said my questions are not normal and make her laugh. She says I am far form the norm of what she sees. She just sees that it's me and comes in laughing. Maybe I should mention that the only baby book I read(which is before I was pregnant and really is not a baby book) was Tory Spellings Mommywood and I read that one b/c I loved her 1st. She thinks this is hysterical and is glad I am so easy going. When I mentioned I didn't want a birth plan and she could not make me do one I thought she was going to kiss me. She said that was the smartest thing she had heard in a while. My feelings on that is that you can "plan" all you want but it almost never goes that way. My philosophy through this whole thing is we will just wing it. I am trying to stay calm..which is hard to do when you have dogs in heat but surprisingly my blood pressure was normal this morning. My next appt. is in 4 wks and I will get my gender sonogram on the 22nd of October. Unlike most I am thinking blue but we will see. I truly don't know if the world..and me..can deal with a mini me.
In closing..I will leave y'all with answers to some FAQ..
Are you showing? No, I have a gut at night like most do when they have eaten all day but luckily it is gone by morning. My Dr. even commented about me not showing yet. I hope I have at least a month before my belly "pops".

Are you craving anything? Not really. I may want something specific but I don't have such an attack for it that I must have it ASAP. Normally when I eat it I am done really fast and don't want anymore. So no..no constant cravings. I did have them before I found out..I ate at least 1 xl watermelon a day and blackbeans.

How are you feeling? I feel fine for the most part. I have been blessed and did not get sick at all but I did have mild nausea in the beginning. I don't sleep the greatest but I am making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment