Monday, March 15, 2010

We are settling into life as a family of 3. Dustin's sister Wendi stayed with us until last Wed. She was such a huge help! It was such a great piece of mind and help to have her here. We really hated to see her go.
My Mother and Wayne arrived today and will be here until Saturday. They are really enjoying JH. I hope to get a little sleep and run a few errands this week while they are here and can watch him.
Dustin is back at work. He went back the day after we got home. He is such a good Daddy but I don't think he is quite ready to be left alone with him yet.
We had his newborn pics done yesterday. I really hope she got some good shots. We are very excited to see them.
I have been asked by many about his birth and how all it happened to since my Mother is being a baby hog at the moment I will quickly tell our birth story.
My water broke a little after 10 on Friday night and we took our time getting ready to go. My contractions started to get a little painful so I told Dustin we need to hurry a little. We arrived at the hospital and were instantly taken to our room. Once we were settled and hooked up they said that my contractions were 2 min. apart. I arrived at a 2 and 80%. Soon after the glorious angel (aka epidural man) arrived and stopped my pain. It did take him 4 times but once he was done I felt so much better.
A few hours later I was checked again and I was ready to go. They called the Dr. but it took her over an hour to get in because the roads were like an ice rink. They told me to do a practice push and I did..My Dr. quickly told me to stop so she could get dressed and ready. Once we started pushing it only took a few times and he was out! I have to admit that it was very easy and painless. I felt great right afterward and was up cleaning the room once my epi had worn off. I could not have asked or planned a better birth or Hospital experience. The staff were all so very nice. Dustin and I cannot say enough wonderful things about it all. We also are so glad that we hired Laurel to capture the sweet moments with us as a new family once JH was out. She really got a ton of great once in a lifetime shots. We did not have to worry or ask someone to take a picture. We were able just to enjoy and live in the moment. I have to recommend it to everyone. Dustin goes on and on about how glad he is that she was there.
**Please pray for our area. We are all threatened by the flood! It is very scary around here now.
Well, I feel like a have randomly rambled on so I will leave you all with a few shots over the last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment